Looking to log in? Click the person icon (at the very top of the site, on the right) to login or register.
Not getting your Beacon editions in your e-mail when they come out? Log in, click here, click "Email lists" and make sure "e-Edition subscribers" is selected
This video shows damage in the vicinity of Oakdale Cemetery in DeLand
WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE. This video was posted to Facebook live by C-Store DeLand owners on Saturday night. In the video, officers prevent customers from entering the store, over the protests of the owners.
Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood announces his re-election campaign on the steps of the Volusia County Historic Courthouse in Downtown DeLand.
WARNING: THE VIDEO CONTAINS GRAPHIC CONTENT AND VISIBLE BLOOD. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
A grand jury Nov. 15 determined 15-year-old Gregory Ramos — accused of strangling to death his mother, Gale Cleavenger, in their DeBary home and, with the help of two friends, burying her under a fire pit at a nearby church — will be charged as an adult with first-degree murder.
- Pierson deputy town clerk steps down
- SANDS OF TIME: Remembering some fine homes and their occupants
- Black History Month 2021: Julian Robinson was a force to be reckoned with
- Black History Month 2021: No retirement for community activist Reginald Williams
- COVID-19 vaccine to be available at CVS Pharmacy