More than a dozen people gathered on the sidewalk in front of the U.S. Postal Office in DeLand, 336 E. New York Ave., on Aug. 22 as part of "Save the Post Office Saturday," a national rally.
The United States Postal Service has recently become a political flashpoint, and current Postmaster General Louis Dejoy has come under fire.
The national movement, organized by the public policy advocacy group Moveon.org, was locally arranged by Mae Frances Mullings, a registered nurse.
View our latest special section
In this publication, we mistakenly stated when voters will vote on the Seat 2 race for the Volusia Soil and Water Conservation District Board. The race will be in the general election held on Tuesday, Nov. 3, not in the primary election of Tuesday, Aug. 18.
- Volusia County Sheriff's Office: 8 arrested during Operation 'Extreme Makeover: Fraud Edition'
- The Fantasticks at Athens Theatre: musical reminds us of when life was so tender
- School News: Procedures for attending high-school football games set
- Spiritual Side: New Light Church in DeLand is now open for Sunday services
- COVID-19 cancels Volusia Co. Fair; Youth livestock show to go on