Pent-up national pride came to a head over the Independence Day weekend, as people all over West Volusia celebrated the United States of America’s birthday, not just for 2021, but for 2020 also, as most festivities last year were sidelined due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As normalcy returns, the sound of fireworks was inescapable.
Citywide events were coordinated all over the county, including firework displays in Orange City, Pierson and DeBary and a festivals in DeLand and Deltona, and a parade in Lake Helen.
- AdventHealth to defer scheduling some new elective surgeries, require masks in all areas and limit visitors
- June consumer sentiment rebounds in Florida
- Is there an eviction reckoning on its way July 31?
- Local COVID-19 cases rise; area hospitals stress importance of vaccination
- Beacon writers tapped for six journalism awards