Chicas Cuban Cafe at 215 S. Woodland Blvd. in DeLand was the site of a protest in solidarity with recent protests in Cuba July 21.
Looking to log in? Click the person icon (at the very top of the site, on the right) to login or register.
Not getting your Beacon editions in your e-mail when they come out? Log in, click here, click "Email lists" and make sure "e-Edition subscribers" is selected
It was fun in the sun this weekend in Downtown DeLand for the annual Tropical Nights celebration. Canceled in 2020, the celebration was back in full force this year with kid-friendly fun and libations for the adults. The event was topped off with hat contests, decorations and plenty of fun.
Andrea Ferguson and Rebel on America's Top Dog.
Pent-up national pride came to a head over the Independence Day weekend, as people all over West Volusia celebrated the United States of America’s birthday, not just for 2021, but for 2020 also, as most festivities last year were sidelined due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- AdventHealth to defer scheduling some new elective surgeries, require masks in all areas and limit visitors
- June consumer sentiment rebounds in Florida
- Is there an eviction reckoning on its way July 31?
- Local COVID-19 cases rise; area hospitals stress importance of vaccination
- Beacon writers tapped for six journalism awards