Take a ride through Heart Island Conservation Area, part of the 35,280-acre Lake George Wildlife Management Area. Natural communities include basin swamps, flood-plain swamps, basin marshes, baygalls, blackwater streams, hydric hammocks, mesic flatwoods and scrub. Free.
Reservations required; call 386-736-5927.
- Occurred Tuesday, October 15th, 2019 @ 9:00 am – 11:00 am
6348 Lake Winona Road6348 Lake Winona Road
DeLeon Springs, FL
The Beacon's events page is open to anyone who has a not-for-profit event open to the community.
We have a few simple guidelines:
- Not-for-profit community events hosted by nonprofits, government agencies and West Volusia citizens are generally allowed
- Events hosted by local businesses which benefit nonprofit groups are generally allowed
- Ribbon cuttings, anniversary events and book signings are almost always welcome
- No business sales or promotions, even if a portion of proceeds go to a nonprofit group
- All events are subject to approval by Beacon staff
Have questions? Unsure if your event qualifies?
Email email@example.com, or call 386-734-4622 and ask for David, Leah, Margie or Anthony.